UGP 002 - You Can't Give What You Don't Have, Part 1
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE
Lynn shares from her life in performance-based religion, and how she thought she was good. When she started reading the Bible all that changed. Jesus changed everything
- God prepared us for good works: Ephesians 2:10
- God has shed abroad his love in our hearts: Romans 5:5
- Veil of temple torn - Matthew 27:51
- We now have direct access to God through Jesus - Ephesians 2:18; see also Romans 5:2; Hebrews 10:19-22
- Luke 16:16, Hebrews 1:1
- Jesus is the guarantee of a better covenant. A new covenant makes the old covenant obsolete; the covenant Jesus mediates is better: Hebrews 7-9
- Don’t go back - we are not of those who shrink back: Hebrews 10:39
- Paul is the given task/ministry of preaching the gospel of grace: Acts 20:24 (ESV)
- Jesus is always God - changed Lynn’s perspective - same Jesus, same gospel? John 1:1
- All our righteousness is like filthy rags (menstrual rags): Isaiah 64:6
QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
How do I know if I have been the recipient of a life-changing grace?
“Through the New Testament I started to see I was more broken than I thought I was.” Lynn Wilder
Children are exhibit A that our brokenness is our natural state we are born in. How do we escape that?
“Unless you get changed from the inside out, you don’t really care about doing those good things.” Lynn Wilder. Tweet this
“Disconcerting because I had always been taught that my performance-based religion lined up with the teachings of the Bible, but as I’m reading the Bible in context, it’s not lining up.” Lynn Wilder. Tweet this
For an article comparing the New Testament Temple of Jesus’ day to LDS Temples today please go here: http://mit.irr.org/are-mormon-temples-christian
APPRECIATE THIS PODCAST? TALK TO US!
We want to hear from you. Please use the contact info available on this website.
Background music: Adam’s Road, “Under Grace” from the album Romans Road
Lynn’s transition story continues in the next episode UGP 003.