UGP 100 - COVID Disruptions plus Can we hear from the dead?
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE
Can we hear from the dead? When it seems to happen, how should we view it in light of the Bible? That's the question Lynn raises after a Bible study with a transitioning LDS woman who has had these experiences. Also, how can grace help us deal with life when a pandemic disrupts so much of what we know and what we used to do? Plus, an exciting announcement toward the end about some brand new video resources that have just come online.
- The rich man and Lazarus (Luke 16:19-31)
- Absent with the body, present with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:6-8)
- Appointed once to die (Hebrews 9:7)
- The invisible qualities of God (Romans 1)
- Angels of light (2 Corinthians 11:14)
- The Transfiguration-Moses and Elijah (Matthew 17:2-3)
- Saul and the witch of Endor (1 Samuel 28)
QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
Families Forever do not connect you with Jesus but somehow to your biological family as if there is some kind of mysticism with that. ~Lynn
A performance based religious system will always look to make people dependent on it. It always tries to make people need the system. ~Joel
Don’t be afraid to take the disturbances or struggles of life to God. It is so rich to meet with God at those moments of vulnerability. ~Joel
Testimonies of being rescued from the angel of light:
Mormon Families Forever:
Life and Death Covenants: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOlN2UhZoazp3_UFqM_t1_85LGd9YliJN
Book Offer: 7 Reasons We Left Mormonism: https://unveilinggracepodcast.com/free-book-offer
APPRECIATE THIS PODCAST? TALK TO US!